FamilyCare is looking for a Registered Dental Hygienist for our Patrick Street Dental Office
The employee is regularly required to move, stand, walk, sit, talk, hear and smell.
Frequent bending, twisting and position changes in order to examine and service patients.
Excellent eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
The employee occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Excellent aural ability in an environment with multiple noise and activity.
Ability to tolerate bright overhead lights and noise of dental equipment.
Occupational risk with exposure to communicable diseases, blood and/or body fluids, exposure to chemicals, injury from sharp and delicate equipment, radiation exposure and other conditions common to a clinical environment may routinely be encountered.
An Associate or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited dental hygiene program and/or school.
Current West Virginia license to practice as a dental hygienist as issued by the WV Board of Dentistry.
If eligible, may engage in Public Health practice rendering all services allowed under general supervision as defined by the WV Board of Dentistry.
Provides patients with preventive, educational and therapeutic services supporting total health for the control/maintenance of oral diseases and promotion of oral health.
Dental providers are expected to manage all patients and conditions within the scope of their training and approved privileges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Record medical and dental histories, including allergies and medications. Take and record patient vital signs, i.e. blood pressure readings. Review basic health status and understand its impact in dentistry and document appropriately in patient record.
• Perform screening and diagnostic tests of teeth and surrounding tissues and record findings for interpretation by a dentist. Record existing restorations and missing teeth, including periodontal findings in patient’s record. Aid in the detection of oral diseases and conditions.
• Take necessary radiographic images such as panorex, bitewings and periapicals. Follow radiation safety procedures, standards and protocols.
• Perform dental prophylaxis and/or debridement, which may include supra- and subgingival scaling of teeth to remove plaque and calculus using hand instruments and/or ultrasonic scalers. Apply topical anticariogenic agents and pit and fissure sealants.
• Provide dental health education and nutritional counseling.
• Complete all appropriate documentation in a timely manner according to FamilyCare Policy.
• Responsible for recare system. Assist in scheduling recare and/or follow-up appointments.
• Work closely with dentist and dental assistant on patient consultations and preparing treatment plan.
• Observe all health and safety requirements.
• Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance.
• Perform all functions in compliance with infection control policies and protocol including but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment and standard precautions.
• Complies with the rules and regulations to practice standard of care as established by the WV Board of Dentistry.
• Complies with FamilyCare policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate positive customer service and co-worker relations.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings and requested committees. Participate in Community Health Programs such as health fairs, visiting daycare centers and schools, and Head Start.
• Perform related duties as assigned.