Appointments are preferred, though walk-ins are taken when possible. Make an appointment by contacting a FamilyCare location directly.
Fees and Insurance Accepted
FamilyCare Health Centers accepts most insurance plans, including Medicaid, Medicare, PEIA, CHIP and Tricare. Services are available on a sliding fee scale, based on income, and are provided at a reduced charge to those who qualify.
Prescription Savings Program
The Federal 340B Drug Pricing Program allows FamilyCare to buy medications for our patients at discounted prices. For further information, please contact Gail Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items to bring to your first visit:
- Photo identification
- List of medications currently taking and/or bottles of medicine
- Health insurance card(s)
- Foster parent or grandparent: guardian or custody papers showing custody of child required
- Proof of income for sliding scale fee schedule discount
- Adult guardian: Power of Attorney
- Medical or dental history
- Medical records (especially) if recent hospital admission or emergency room visits
- Co-pay (if applicable)
FamilyCare does not discriminate with regard to access to, or provision of, health care services on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, income, socioeconomic status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, physical or mental impairment, veteran status, marital status, familial or parental status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.